When Adam Met Eve

It is written, in preparation for the coming of woman, that God caused a great sleep to come upon Adam. My wife points out, “You know, the Bible doesn’t record men ever being re-awakened.”

She refers to my inability to find anything. “Honey, bring me the glass cleaner, please.” “Where is it dear?” “Under the sink… where it always is!” “I can’t find it, sweetie!” But we all know she’ll walk into the kitchen and grab it from right where she said it was.

Let’s face it, where would men be without women? Oh yeah… still in the garden.

🙂     😉     🙂

By the way, after this post, I’m taking suggestions for a very special Valentine gift! I’ll need it.

This entry was posted in PeoplePosts and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to When Adam Met Eve

1. Mike, you made my day with this one! And all the other comments … I am still laughing. Thanks. PS: You notice I made no other comment about men-vs-women, right??? 🙂

2. writinggomer says:

Like to live dangerously don’t you! 🙂 🙂
    Cute post! In my house I have to tell her where most things are! I did say most…

3. Steven Sawyer says:

Ouch! Fortunately (or unfortunately) I’m the one who usually knows where things are and have to tell Marie where to find them. Shhhhhhhh! Please don’t tell Marie. She’ll remind me of all the times the tables were turned.

4. granbee says:

I am still chuckling. You certainly were not guilty of any pride when you wrote this post. My husband says I “move” things where he cannot find them right after I have placed one of his possessions in the very nook where he said it always belonged! What if he moved out into the garden? Would that get his compass realigned?(tee,hee!)

5. How nice of you to pretend you can’t find something, just to make her feel important!

Oh, you are too kind… but I like the idea of believing I’m pretending. Hang on, I’m trying to convince myself I was pretending… dogit! It didn’t work. Thanks anyway, good friend. God bless.

6. cc says:

“Where would men be without women? Scarce, sir. Mighty scarce.” ~ Mark Twain. But since YOU opened the door…did you ever wonder why Adam just stood there and didn’t protect his rib???…maybe he didn’t know when to speak up and when to shut up???…is there anything new under the sun….? (typed with a smile) P.S. How merciful of the Lord to team you up with an Eve that has an extra dose of humor and fun…hope you’ll share how your Valentine gifting goes.

oooh… painful! Thankfully, it came with a smile. Believe it or not (actually, who wouldn’t believe it?), our Valentine’s gifts was a trip to the Draft Horse Pulls (think tractors) down south this past weekend. Yeah, horses that eat 100 pounds of feed a day pulled upwards of 4000 pounds down a dirt road. Life don’t get any better than that! Just ask TC… but, you’re right… she is the best! God bless, good friend.

7. Lady Deidre says:

Laughing! But I’m pretty sure the beer brewery would have left man staggering from the garden. 🙂
    Sorry I couldn’t resit!

8. LeRoy Dean says:

Your wife is very wise. 🙂

9. You could buy her a lovely organic apple. Or a snake?

Oh… if you only knew my wife, friend! A snake, bobcat, or even rhino would probably thrill her more than any flower or box of candy I may come up with.

🙂 Thanks and God bless.

10. jelillie says:

Very funny! Not so sure we would still be in the garden though. We probably would have gone on a road trip and gotten lost. Then we’d still be there (lost) because we were afraid to ask for directions. Pride would have gotten us one way or another! 🙂