HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!!

[I know! I know! Let them who stole… steal no more! But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t resist snatching this from TC’s inbox… a special chocolate dipped nugget from cc… enjoy! (stealing on Valentine’s Day… sheesh! I’m a heel!)]

“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.” Hebrews 10:24

Valentine’s Day is a special time to celebrate love and romance…but just how this holiday came about is open to vigorous debate! There are more theories than arrows in Cupid’s quiver, but the compelling truth is that LOVE originates with God and God is LOVE. So let’s reclaim the day for true LOVE.  Poke, prod, entice, coax, agitate, compel, provoke, urge on one another to love…and use chocolate if necessary. (yes…this is repeated from Bro. Joey’s sermon..except the chocolate part…which he forgot)

So here’s the test:  Am I patient and kind? Never jealous or envious? Never boastful or proud? Never haughty or selfish or rude?  Do I hold a grudge? Do I notice when others do me wrong? Do I rejoice in truth and battle injustice? Does my love bear up under anything and everything that comes? Is it ever ready to believe the best of every person? Does it hope without fading under all circumstances and does it endure everything?

This is a self grading assessment. You do not need to cheat. You do not need to turn in your results. You do need to keep on loving…even weird people like me…

Blessings,
c ~ wonderhowmanywayswecanservechocolateinoneday ~ c

This entry was posted in WordPosts and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!!

1. Sunnyironman says:

For true LOVE!
    Thank you for sharing love!

2. singingsinglev4 says:

I love you, fellow ligament (my term for online blog-evangelists) brother in Christ…Thanks for all your posts, keep up the nice work. You sure give us things to think about.

3. Eric Alagan says:

I take a similar self grading assessment with every encounter, every word I spew or write, every thought – what a terrible work-in-progress I am…but HE is with me and I’ll surely succeed as and when HE thinks I am ready.

Luv you both, Eric

4. granbee says:

Love this post and love you! The main item in the list of questions that stumps me sometimes is the one where you ask if I notice when others do me wrong? That has always been my bug-a-boo to weaken, not destroy or redirect just weaken, my outward rays of love for people and all of God’s wondrous creation. You have helped a whole box of chocolate’s worth by pointing out this question here today. Lots of chocky love back at you!

5. loopyloo305 says:

Happy Valentines day and God bless you!

6. cc says:

You can’t steal what is freely given 🙂 just dip it all in chocolate to cover up any of the “me”ness that shows. Chocolate covered blessings…yummmm…now that is a good double dipping! MIlk chocolate, white chocolate or dark chocolate?????? Valentine Blessings To You, cc

7. I got Wendy good this morning. Caught her totally off guard and put tears of happiness on her face. Needless to say, I am feeling on top of the world right now.

8. lambskinny says:

Happy Valentine’s Day, Michael to you and yours! Carley

9. isaiah43123 says:

Yes, let us put the focus on God and HIs love, even if we have to use chocolate… or roses… or a surf & turf dinner.