Saint Augustine in St. Augustine

Statue of St Augustine of Hippo on the West Fr...

Statue of St Augustine of Hippo on the West Front of Salisbury cathedral, UK (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~ Saint Augustine

The wife and I are off to that oldest city… you know which one. It’s kind of a business/ fun trip, but it does mean you’ll not see me for a couple of days. Hey… that wasn’t nice! Here I thought you enjoyed my company.

🙂

…til we soon meet again (Lord willing), blessings, grace, and peace.

10 Responses to Saint Augustine in St. Augustine

1. writinggomer says:

Safe travel my friend, hope you enjoy yourselves!

2. Debbie says:

Praying for safe travels and great fun for you both!

3. That is where I live, but I am unfortunately out of state now! It would have been nice to meet you and your family. Can you divulge what you are doing there? I might be able to suggest something, but be sure to eat at O’Steen’s Seafood on the island.

Hi Olive! We were at the WGV for some classes. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get your note until our return anyway… so even if you’d been in town, we wouldn’t have read this. Sorry. That’s neat that you live in the old city. It’s a beautiful place. We didn’t get to do a whole lot because of class schedules. We did do dinner at (I think I have the name right) Barnacle Bill’s. Thanks for the info… our next trip, we’ll try O’steens and maybe you’ll be in town. Thanks good friend.

• Ah, World Golf Village- the prices are rather high there! Hope those classes went well. Schooner’s is another great place to eat, especially early bird specials. Make mental note for the future…blessings to you and yours.

4. >> “a business/fun trip”
    Well, I pray the business side will prove satisfactory and the fun side will be most enjoyable.
    Looking forward to hearing about the trip.
    Angela

5. granbee says:

I have always been fascinated by the history of St. Augustine. Thank you for sharing this wonderful photo of this statue here. Having been in St. Augustine, FL at this time of year, I just know you are going to have a very wonderful timel there. Prayers and best wishes and looking forward to your reports back here in a few days.

6. Lady Deidre says:

Have a great trip & may God Bless your Journey!

7. SPTP2011 says:

Have a wonderful, relaxing time
    I love St. Augustine – we have been there 2 times