Donkeys and Elephants in a Brown Paper Bag

I really try to refrain from becoming too involved with the politics of our nation…

If by any chance you have found some means of believing that the problems in America can be corrected (or not) by our decision in November, you would be wise to read these articles presented by Oklahoma State Representative Rebecca Hamilton found here, here, and here. Eye opening… and disheartening.

The more I read of Washington, the more I’m glad my confidence is in the Son of the Living God… Jesus Christ!

On a profitable note, I’m beginning to see clearly the comparable reality my Pastor associates between Israel during Hosea’s day and (groan) our own.

This entry was posted in Political and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Donkeys and Elephants in a Brown Paper Bag

1. Pingback: Will Someone Please Hide the Brown Paper Bag? | Resting in His Grace

2. literary lew says:

Thanks for suggesting Rebecca Hamilton.

The privilege was mine, good friend! This is one of those rare sites where we really can see the party lines destroyed and hear someone speak of what’s good for our nation… not for a political party. Blessings!

3. I also try to refrain from debates on politics, but we have a responsibility towards our governments and we are morally obligated to pray for them and to seek to influence them in a Godly manner. I continue to write to politicians even though it mostly seems futile.

(I’m afraid I cannot understand American politics)

Ha! Ha! We live here and we can’t understand them either! That’s the point… keep them so complex and confusing that no one knows what they are doing. 🙂 Thanks good friend and God bless.

4. Lady Deidre says:

Amen! It’s getting politically ugly here! Leaning on the Lord hard!
    God Bless You!

Lean! Lean! Lean! Amen Deidre… as ugly as it gets, our feet are planted on solid ground. Jesus is Lord! Blessings good friend.

5. Wayne Augden says:

We can’t put our faith in the political system, but we still have a duty to participate in and abide by the laws of the land. As Christians we have a duty to uphold our responsibilities. Voting is one of them imo.

Yes, you are right Wayne… on all counts. I think the posts presented by the Rep. of OK are discouraging most because of the fact that these politicians from both sides of the aisle convince believers they are supporting our causes when they have no intention of doing so… just getting votes. Even sadder is the fact that those believers with personal access to these politicians aren’t willing to stand firm when they find out they have been duped for fear of no longer having access. They are excellent and informative articles from someone in the mix of things that we should be aware of before thinking someone in Washington gives a rip about our God and His agenda. Thanks for reading and commenting good friend. Blessings

6. granbee says:

May the Lord’s Peace be ever with you in this nutty political year!

Amen to that granbee! “Nutty” may be the perfect name for all of this stuff. Praise the Lord for a peace that surpasses all understanding. Thanks good friend and God bless.