So Wednesday has come and gone.
The Christian population did a very admirable thing in standing up for fellow brothers and sisters in Christ as they gathered to support Chik-Fil-A as an onslaught of attacks have come at the owner of the business from the politically-correct-agenda-supporters of our great nation.
For what it’s worth, I am greatly appreciative of those who stand for and teach the timeless truths of our God. Please remember that as you read the rest of my words…
Now for the real test we’ll be faced with tomorrow. What message will believers send on Friday? Will we refrain from visiting the restaurant for fear of being seen among sinners? Sounds like an oxymoron, doesn’t it? Can sinners who have been saved by grace be embarrassed to be seen with sinners who need to be saved by grace?
This may be one of those rare opportunities when the Christian community has the chance to carry the authentic Jesus into a crowd who too often hear a message that Jesus hasn’t sent. Technically, do we have a quarrel with the gay and lesbian communities? Didn’t Paul clearly tell us who our battles were really against? Should we find anger living in our hearts toward these people? …or does this imply we are a people who have forgotten the grace afforded to us while we were yet sinners. Hatred, strife, and abuse have no rightful dwelling place in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We have a mission: Be the body of Christ that carries the good news to sinners.
- The Pharisee and the Tax Collector (anointedplace.wordpress.com)
- Not you Everyday Chicken, Chic-fil-A (hipfellows.wordpress.com)
- Jesus is the Only Way (writeforacause.org)
- Loving Sinners (goldenbible.wordpress.com)
- Freedom Series: Freedom from Yourself (ptl2010.com)
- The Bible says some men’s sins are open. Some men’s sins are concealed. (ptl2010.com)
- Free to Feel Worthy (ptl2010.com)