We Believe Nothing… just because

akismetYikes! Have you thanked your friendly watch guards over at Akismet lately? They really are the servant-type heroes of our blogs. So far they’ve saved me from over 7500 spammer infiltrations. That’s kind of scary considering I’ve only had 2500 legitimate responses to my posts. Today they chose to weed out this helpful little offering from someone in the blogosphere.

“There are nine of us:Vanity, Blasphemy, Otunba Jesus Freak, Afrikim, Messiah, Realist, Azazel, El-Divine, and Enoch. We Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. We Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. We Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. We Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. We Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. We Believe only what we ourselves test and judge to be true.”

I’m just not really sure what to make of this one. Any ideas? A response for the response?

This entry was posted in Blog Responses and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to We Believe Nothing… just because

1. Freedomborn says:

Hi Mike, I get some great spam , they say such nice things about me and our Blog, I almost believe them but then I remember about vanity and that they just want to sell me their product or to have a link back to them etc and I once again thank Akismet and God he often uses tools of man to help us.

It seems Mike that you have got with your spam, an Atheists eye view on the Truth , the answer for them is found in 1Corinthians2 which tells us, God’s Truth is foolishness to those who are wordly or are just human meaning they walk in the flesh not the Spirit, they are natural without understanding… I pray for them that they will come to their senses and repent and be saved.

Many Blessings for the New Year Mike – Christian Love from both of us – Anne

Hi Anne! It is really good to hear from the two of you. I believe you have nailed our right response perfectly… prayer. It is God who ideed who opens the eyes that are blind. Everyone’s was once that way. Thanks for stopping by good friend. It was our blessing of the day! …and blessings to you in Christ Jesus!

• Freedomborn says:

Thank you Mike for your warm and friendly response, I have missed you but you have often been in my thoughts and always in my heart, Ron and I have prayed for you and all those who Blog that you will be greatly blessed.

Yes what you say is True Mike, The Holy Spirit leads us towards repentance, God knows those who are His even before we are concieved and not one of us will be lost, yet it is still our choice when we will respond, He never goes against our free will as we can see with Adam and Eve and even the Devil… all He created was very good but the absence of Love is evil.

You may not know Mike but I was an Atheist for nealy 30 years because of being deceived that we evolved from Apes, I was also told at the time that Jesus was just a made up person by both my teacher and mother, it broke my heart to loose my friendship with Jesus or so I thought but I believed what they said was true at the time and that I had been lied to, my life ended up in a real mess .

There are two kinds of Atheists those who are one in their head like I was and those who are one in their heart, we can reach those who are deceived with God’s Truth but not those who have rejected Jesus in their heart of hearts, they will as the Scripturs tell us, never come to heart repentance.

Perhaps Mike we should follow our Spamers links and share God’s Truth with them, we are Jesus, hands, feet, arms and voice as part of His Body, or would that be spamming too 🙄

Thanks again Mike , we Love you in The Lord and always will – Anne

P.S I couldn’t get those thumbs up on your comment or did I … Hmmmm do they have ticks and crosses

2. >> “We Believe only what we ourselves test and judge to be true.”
    Impossible! They wouldn’t sit on a chair before testing it. They wouldn’t eat any food or even drink any water, since they can’t have a food taster or ‘cup bearer’. Relationships of any kind would be impossible. Life would be impossible since the whole of life is lived in natural faith.

While we never made such statements as these nine, I dare say we all lived the same way to varying degrees BC. Since coming face to face with the risen Christ, we can say with confidence “We believe only what we ourselves test and judge to be true” because we know the REALITY of life in Christ. We know, beyond any doubt that He is true, and that He is in control, because He has proven Himself over and over and over again. “I know WHOM I have believed”

They have declared they are their own gods: they will live by their own rules. What THEY decide is true, is true. The only thing that will change their minds is a personal experience with the living God. Hopefully this will happen, or one day they will discover that “nothing” is the most concrete thing in the world. There is absolute truth. There is life after death – eternal life in heaven with the triune God, or eternal life in the darkness and torment of hell.

3. Lady Deidre says:

Wow, You’ve been seriously spammed, dude! I rarely get spammed, so I will let you in on my fantastic secret. I pray daily that God will keep my e-mail, fb and wp account safely in His control. It works for me! As for the non-believers — what’s the point of going on — they’ve left themselves with no hope!
    God Bless You!

Now you have me convinced to call the elders of the church, Deidre! 🙂 Fortunately, WordPress’ use of Akismet files them neatly in their own little corner, ready for flushing. Usually it’s obvious sales attempts to get a link sunk into a post, but occasionally, something as silly as this one pops up. The power of prayer… blessings good friend.

4. hankcr says:

“We Believe only what we ourselves test and judge to be true”

What a crock of bull. There is no way they can live like that. There are so many things in life that they take for granted as “true” that they have not tested and judged personally. Just consider the myriads of things medically that they have not personally tested and judged and yet they will put their hands into the hand of a doctor and fully trust him to fix them up. You can add so many more to that example. Such silly nonlivable nonsense.

Good point Hank! If these who try to present such absolutes would realize the how impossible it is to hold their stance, who knows, they might find themselves open to reasoning. Blessings good friend.

5. WE BELIEVE!
    There is nothing else to prove or say
    Rest in the TRUTH
    God Bless

6. Wayne Augden says:

Not to worry. God IS in control. Always has been…. Always will be!

7. Joe Quatrone, Jr. says:

Hmmmm…

8. Good news! When they test one ancient book I know of, it’ll pass. For it stands up against any honest test of truth!

9. loopyloo305 says:

It is all well and good for them to believe nothing if that is their choice, for now! Time will come when they find themselves on bended knees facing the very One that chose not to acknowledge, then they will believe no matter what they will!