Hobby Lobby, Eastbound and Down, and the Adamic Nature

Running around the web, here’s a few things that caught my attention. These are very worthy of sharing with you. Enjoy…

Clark, author at The Master’s Table, has asked Christians to step up in support of the Green family, owners of Hobby Lobby. He shares, “The new health care mandates that took effect Jan. 1 require employers to provide access to birth control, including emergency contraception.  Plan B is just one such method which causes a medically induced (or chemical) abortion.  Beginning on the first day of January, Hobby Lobby was facing a fine of up to $1 million per day – a penalty of one million dollars per day – for refusing to provide abortion coverage to its employees.  The new new loop hole buys them some time as the court battle continues.”

hobby-lobbyHis challenging words can be found here, and an article by the Baptist Press can be read here. My house stands firmly with the Green family. It is just wrong to force the owner of a business to offer their emplyees anything that goes against their religious rights and principles. I may be wrong, but I believe there is constitutional support for their actions…

Clark’s concluding thoughts are “Abortion is not healthcare. How about a little outrage folks?”

Jessica Hof (All Along the Watchtower) has begun a public study of the Church of the East. This is really good stuff. She tells us, “The lack of knowledge about the Church in the West today is part of a tradition which goes back almost to the beginning Eusebius (265-339) the first great historian of Christianity says almost nothing about Christianity outside the Roman Empire – which, of course, gives the game away. The heartland of the Church of the East, Mesopotamia, the cradle of the ancient civilizations of Babylon and Assyria, lay outside the orbit of the Roman Empire, and the Persian Empire, which occupied these areas, was one of that Empire’s main enemies – so there was little friendly interaction between the two.”  You can follow the series here.

Neo, the nebraskaenergyobserver, presents a follow-up of Jessica’s series, voicing concerns of the accuracy of our historical records and an entire generation who could care less. His synopsis is alarming. Take a look here.

Pastor Rick Roehm, from ChristianBlessings, provides an excellent library of links on the study of our inherited nature from our gardening father, Adam. This helpful guide carries the reader from our hopeless condition through God’s provision of complete freedom in Christ Jesus. You can read his work here.

This entry was posted in Abortion, Christian Blessings, Church History and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Hobby Lobby, Eastbound and Down, and the Adamic Nature

1. Pingback: The Forgotten East « Resting in His Grace

2. JessicaHof says:

Thank you so much for the name check. I am glad you are enjoying it 🙂

Really enjoying the series. I must admit, new stuff to me. Honestly, I don’t think it would have crossed my mind to investigate had you not begun research… glad you did. By the way, you escaped the snow I see. We’ve had 80’s here in NE FL. for a week and a half, but waking up this morning to a brief burst of winter… you didn’t bring that with your comment did you? If so, thanks… and blessings Jess.

3. Steven Sawyer says:

I firmly stand behind the Clark family and Hobby Lobby in their effort to avoid providing government-imposed abortion services. Rick’s stuff is very good and his posts are spot on helping everyone understand their true identity in Christ. I will read the Master’s Table and Jessice Hof’s stuff. Jessica’s series sounds interesting.
    Thank you for doing this. I like the idea of sharing some good stuff you’ve read. I would always trust your judgment in things like this. Thanks again for posting.

Thanks Steven. I am grateful for your trust of judgement good friend. I would like to add, keep that thought in mind if you have the opportunity to visit these sites. 🙂 Clark, Neo, and Jess provide some really thought provoking stuff, but you’ll probably (no, more like definitely)have to get beyond some barriers. I think if I were recommending a starting point, it might be Neo’s and Jess’s past posts on church unity and division… intriguing information. Evidenced by the response sections, although probably beyond reconciliation, you’ll find an interesting sense of desire to do so. I’m usually a silent recipient of their stuff, but occasionally make an appearance. See you at your place soon… blessings.

• Steven Sawyer says:

I’m looking forward to some good and challenging reading. I’ll keep you posted on my thoughts whether I comment on the sites or not. Thanks again for compiling this for your readers. I found it helpful. There’s so much stuff I could read, or start reading, and waste my time. Your filter, I figure, saved me lots of surf time, because I trust your judgement. Thanks again.

4. NEO says:

Thank you for the link. Although you are correct that mine is somewhat of a follow on to Jessica’s work on the Eastern Church, I do want to emphasize that her sources are impeccable, to the point that that I’m looking for some of them. What my point is, is that our revisionist historians have misinterpreted our (and European) history beyond recognition and in the process made what is a fascinating story nearly unreadable.

Really good article, my friend.

Yes, good friend. I’m very interested in seeing what comes of both your efforts here. Provoking thoughts both you and Jes have delivered. Thanks and blessings

• NEO says:

Jess has got me fascinated with her series, I’m looking at some non-ecclesiastical follow ons but haven’t seen enough of hers yet.

Thank you and bless you as well.

…and from the post that just came through, we’ll probably not be hearing from her today. Snowed in? We’ve been dealing with 80’s for over a week in NE Florida! We want winter!!! 🙂 Looking forward to where your journey takes you…

• NEO says:

Indeed so, I’ll have to find something else for the afternoon, I don’t envy them much, it’s a bit over 20 here, although sunny, you, on the other hand. 🙂

I hope it will be interesting.