It is nearly the ninth hour. Can you hear the cry? It comes distantly from a cross, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” It is the cry of great agony. For some this Aramaic plea sharply pierces the heart. For others, it brings jabs of insults and hollow jests. For all, it brings the acknowledgement of the severest of pain and that a cruel death is nearing its end.
An offering to our Lord. Continue reading here at ChristianBlessings.
- Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani: A Commentary on Matthew 27:46 (waltbrite.wordpress.com)
- what is good about Good Friday? (brucefong.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 22 – Why Have You Forsaken Me? (graceofourlord.com)
- It’s Friday, But Sunday’s Coming (planetpookie.com)
- Why :: Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani (My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?) (thepauls.wordpress.com)