Crowd Control Barriers

Country

Views

United States 103
United Kingdom 11

I’ve come to really appreciate my guests who stop by from afar. No doubt I’m thrilled to have readers from my home country, and it’s really good to see the UK hits up a tick or two, but it’s also really neat to see visitors come from lands whose names I have trouble even pronouncing.

Yesterday, we saw none of those. Yesterday, our readership was limited to the US and the UK.

Considering the post was about the contentious relationship enjoyed between the Catholic Church and Protestant denominations, I wonder if there is a message in here somewhere about our infatuation with the complex and arduous doctrines of the Christian faith… those none of us can ever agree on. You know, like our insistence to declare that we know every last detail of how God enacts His salvation into the hearts of sinful mortal men.

Try as I might, I cannot get a certain blind man’s story out of my mind. After Jesus healed him, the religious zealots thronged him to dissect and dismiss the miracle. The healed man tells them all that he knew, and it was enough, “I was blind and now I see.”

How silly we of Western Culture must often appear to onlookers from far away. So here is my reprieve.

I was lost and Jesus found me.

Please come back and see me Ghana… Jamaica… Senegal… Cameroon… Mongolia… Hong Kong… Kenya… Nigeria… Chile…

This entry was posted in Blog Traffic and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Crowd Control Barriers

1. Steven Sawyer says:

Mike, that is so strange about your views yesterday. I had visitors from only the United States and Viet Nam. Go figure. Labor Day would not have been a deterrent, I don’t think. I’m not sure they celebrate Labor Day in Viet Nam. My views from everywhere are down due to my sabbatical and vacation message. Hopefully we’ll start getting more folks back after Tuesday, when I start publishing new posts again. Thanks for all the good words. I look forward to reading you regularly. Actually I’ve been keeping up with you and a few others all summer. Thanks again and God bless, my friend.

2. ccragamuffin says:

“You know, like our insistence to declare that we know every last detail of how God enacts His salvation into the hearts of sinful mortal men.” Bwa-ha-ha-ha….LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this statement…I am hoping that you did mean to make readers laugh out loud at this…

me ‘thinks thou dost jest of yon skills to rightly divide… 🙂 “Bwa-ha-ha-ha…” <- laughing along, as there's no sense in weeping when we have the cha-cha! Maybe Ms. Harry defined the art of soteriology best with the words, "One way, or another, I'm gonna find you… I'm gonna getcha, getcha, getcha… getcha!" 🙂

3. NEO says:

My UK and the rest of the world has been up recently as well. I wonder if they’re trying to figure out if we’ve all gone mad, or only our (so-called) leadership.

I think you nailed that one Neo. Probably moreso the latter. 🙂

• NEO says:

It’s getting out of hand when Parliament revolts before Congress does. 🙂

I have promised myself to sit in front of the news tonight and catch up. Between hectic schedules I am not up to date at all. Seems this is shaping into more than a skinny red line though. Many prayers for our world today. Shaky ground we stand on right now.

• NEO says:

Unless he wants to fight Russia with 5 destroyers all by themselves, he’d best find a way to at least stall.

The Brits said no, the French haven’t sailed, and the Germans co-sponsored the Russian’s resolution at the UN. The Russkies and the saudis are threatening each other as well.

Oh, and the Israelis are doing a general issue of gas masks, which won’t help a lot with nerve agents.

Yikes.

Wow! Yikes is an appropriate response.

4. Rob Barkman says:

May the Lord continue to bless all your efforts MT. I’m sure He will. Thanks for your faithfulness to Him!

5. JessicaHof says: