Mother Teresa, Feast Day

M TeresaPeople are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

Mother Teresa (Aug. 26, 1910 – Sep. 5, 1997)

This entry was posted in Quotes and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Mother Teresa, Feast Day

1. RJ Dawson says:

Wait. I thought it was Martina McBride… Oh well. Quote it anyway.

2. Steven Sawyer says:

Mike, thanks for sharing this. What a blessing.

Currently reading a biography of this amazing woman and her faith in, and love for Jesus. Humbled here. Thanks Steven.

• Steven Sawyer says:

She was amazing. Hoping you will eventually share on your blog some of what you take away from her biography. God bless you, my friend.

3. ccragamuffin says:

Thank you for sharing the wisdom of Mother Teresa. She is a greatly admired woman of faith to me, and these words are a timely nudge. I am humbled by the pledge she made early in life, to not refuse Jesus anything…and her motivation on going to serve in India was that she had the “desire to love Jesus as He had never been loved before”. A very real contrast to many people who are in the limelight today. And…sadly… a contrast to my heart on many days.

Thank you dear friend and Sister, it is so good to know this amazing women of faith moves the heart of another. These words by Mother Teresa are a gift to me personally today. Our Father knew how much I would need them. As I was reading from her biography, these words stood out, and I posted them with no idea how meaningful they would be by nightfall. It seems a split second phone call can take us immediately from a mountain top to the depths of a very low valley. What we were praying desperately for will require a major miracle if it is to be. I keep reading Mother Teresa’s words, “Do it anyway.”
      How easy I find the desire (with your testimony) to move to the Philippines where people are starving for the Gospel,and willingly respond to it. Thank you CC, you bring Light into a dark world, the Light of our Lord.

• Christina Carter says:

From Mother Teresa, To You: “The success of love is in the loving – it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done.” …and…“Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired.” She saw miracles from loving a miracle working Lord. And He is the same…yesterday…today…forever. Praying for your miracle.