The Last Word

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thus with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in bonds: that in this I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. Ephesians 6: 18- 20

Matt prays in the village of Karongue

Matt prays in the village of Karongue

We began our journey of encouragement in Ephesians many months ago. We started by gazing up “in the heavenly realms” to carefully ponder the blessings we have in Christ.

Several times during the passage we stopped to learn how to pray from Paul’s recorded examples of great benedictions and worship. Now as we end this adventure, we encounter an exhortation from Paul to pray. It is a very special admonition, notable for it’s extensive use of the comprehensive word “all”.

All kinds of prayers.

In all seasons.

With all perseverance.

For all the saints.

This sweeping conglomeration of “all” is meant to be all-embracing, all-encompassing, and all-inclusive. It is a deluge of utter entirety to make indelible exclamation points in our brain so that “prayer” and “all” are forever linked.

What kind of prayers should we pray? All kinds. Adorations. Praises. Confessions. Thanksgivings. Supplications.

When do we pray? Always at all times…at every opportunity, in every moment, and through every season of our life. Never, ever, ever, ever, hanging up the phone.

How do I pray? Always prevailing. Never giving up. Walking prayer, kneeling prayer, shouting prayer, singing prayer, crying prayer, silent prayer, fervent prayer, group prayer, individual prayer.

Who do I pray for? All of the Lord’s people. No favorites. No one left out. No one skipped.

And then, almost as an afterthought, this mighty man of God makes so humble and sweet an entreaty that it moves me to tears. “Please pray for me also.”

This man who has been arrested, and chained, and persecuted, and beaten, and stoned, and shipwrecked, yet always faithful in proclaiming the gospel…this man…his prayer request is fearlessness. And then I cry more, for I am often fearful of praying for fearlessness.

Yet,

Satan trembles when he sees,

The weakest saint upon her knees.

All kinds.

All seasons.

All perseverance.

All the saints.

It seems fitting to end this series with prayers for you. I completely trust that the Lord knows who you are dear reader and that in His knowing of you, He knows your deepest dreams, desires, and needs.

Shalom to you. Love with faith be yours. God’s abundant grace and blessing upon all who sincerely love our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Be Encouraged,

christina

2d83d06be0aaadef9f8661fa505a47d8

About ccragamuffin

Christina C. is a woman energized by encouraging others. She never wants to forget that she is a ragamuffin...a broken earthen vessel, heavy laden, bedraggled, and weary until grace changed her life. She now holds a treasure in a cracked earthen vessel. Anything bright or beautiful is the treasure shining through the cracks.
This entry was posted in Echoes of Encouragement from Ephesians and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to The Last Word

1. lorriebowden says:

Thank you..I feel so blessed! I am in constant dialogue. ..prayer with God…this was not always so. I prefer to live my life this way 🙂 great post!!

2. Rebecca says:

Hi. What an inspiring post. My granddaughter just returned from a mission trip to Africa. It really opened her eyes. Also, wanted to say thank you for following faithsighanddy.com. It occurs to me that while I write about mental health issues (especially depression) that the people you minister to probably wouldn’t even know what that is as they’re struggling to survive, not worrying about things that aren’t important. Hmm, I think there’s a post in there. 🙂 Also, wanted to let you know that your “comment” link isn’t showing up on a number of your posts. I had to go to your home page to find a spot to comment. Thought you would like to know. Again, thanks and God bless and thank you for what you’re doing.

• ccragamuffin says:

Thank you Rebecca. I am a guest blogger on this site but I am sure MT will be interested in your comments on “comments”. 🙂
      My heart is gladdened to read that you have a specific ministry to those battling depression. I believe that the body, soul, and spirit are so closely intertwined that the ills and battles of one area affect the other areas. Prayer is a way to bring the entire being…body, soul, and spirit…into the presence of The Lord. I hope this post on prayer will encourage you in your service. Blessings.

3. Thank you also Christina for liking my post “Hope Always”. I look forward to reading more of your work. God bless! Christine

• ccragamuffin says:

I am a guest blogger on this site, but I know you will be blessed by MT’s ponderings. He is a gifted wordsmith with a passion for sharing the jewels that he mines from the Word.

4. This is such a beautiful and encouraging write Christina! May God truly bless you. It’s so good to be reminded of what our prayer lives should look like. Blessings! Christine

• ccragamuffin says:

It is one of the great blessings of Scripture that as we dwell in it, and let it dwell in us…that it becomes our prayer language, our prayer life. Grace and peace to you.

5. Jacqueline F. Holmes says:

I wanted to thank you for following me. I thank you for this article…Prayer IS so powerful and we must do it at all time for any reason…..I look forward to enjoying more of your articles

• ccragamuffin says:

“We must do it at all times for any reason”…your words are a great exhortation…an impetus to respond to life with prayer. My life a prayer. Thank you for stopping by. I am a guest blogger on this site, MT will continue with his penetrating wordsmithing, but I hope to see you in the future.

6. mtsweat says:

“Last” seems so final… your series has been and is a great blessing to me good friend. Prayers for you and yours today!

• ccragamuffin says:

Your encouragement has been phenomenal…a super sized cup of refreshment! And there are no real endings, correct?? Chapters in The Story come to conclusions so that we can turn the page….
      P.S. I am very, very, very, very E.X.C.I.T.E.D. about a series I am teaching from Acts…some of them may find there way into print…

7. Great encouragement. Thank you. I hope your day is blessed and you are a blessing to others as you have been to me!!!