Attacking the Watchtower

cropped-desert_monast-sm-682400381Unfamiliar with the entire situation, so admittedly, I speak from a side of ignorance regarding the contention, but as I’ve confessed before, one of my favorite places to read is a site titled All Along the Watchtower, (not sure you can get there without permission anymore) where a reader can mix and mingle with a multitude of different viewpoints on the topic of faith, and walk away feeling accepted even in disagreement, so I feel it’s appropriate to converse.

That upper management of the blog has decided to place stricter entry rules with the statement, “it seems increasingly difficult for some of my contributors to combine free speech and employment” makes it obvious something of a vicious nature has occurred.

We offer sincere prayers today for our friends across the waters, the voices from the Watchtower.

In America, we boast of our liberty to speak freely on matters, even our religious convictions, without fear of retaliation from adversaries. This is a precious privilege God and our Founding Fathers afforded us, but it is one that many would like taken from our lips and pens. The old quip, “What you don’t use, you lose” may very well be a worthwhile reminder to labor (consider especially with words) while it is still day, for no one works when the night comes.

Snaring the thoughts of a favorite author-contributor at the distant site, “The shadows lengthen.”

This entry was posted in Church News and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Attacking the Watchtower

1. lambskinny says:

I don’t fully understand — did the blogger make it harder to enter because of a fear of loss of employment? I believe that blogger could sue the employer. I believe that’s illegal as well as immoral. Perhaps — as is very likely — I’ve missed something here. — Blessings, Michael. Carley

Hi Carley! Slow here in responding as we have been drawn away from the keyboards. These written of here live and write from the UK, where the same rights of free speech do not exist. I like your descriptive terms, “illegal and immoral.” That describes I think the recent activity well. Blessings.

• lambskinny says:

Oh thanks. I was wondering. And I didn’t realize the UK does not enjoy the same rights of free speech as we do. That surprises me — a great deal. Blessings to you. Carley

2. RJ Dawson says:

Thanks Mike. Yet I think most American Christians remain silent for social reasons, social church reasons, as the devil’s intimidation toward silence has long since entered the pulpit. I wrote a post recently about this issue and for real Christians, it boils down to either being silenced through the threat of losing one’s income or if that doesn’t work losing one’s life. Most Christians want to remain alive with an income for obvious reasons. The enemy starts with threatening our income and that’s where most Christians stop.

Yet the Lord taught we must seek the Lord’s kingdom and His righteousness FIRST (and always), and all these things (life and income, etc) will be added (given) to us. But if we must sacrifice it all, whatever. Life and income results from seeking FIRST the kingdom and His righteousness. If the devil wants to intimidate us we must intimidate back, just as our Lord did and still does every second of every day. If the devil manages to steal our income while we work for God, God will restore it if we stay in faith and obedience. If the devil manages to off us we have eternal life with the Lord. Amen.

Real Christianity is an on the offensive, advancing, and expanding movement. We must go forward busting down the gates of hell and this would be so much easier if we could all just work together and love one another, as is your heart. Keep it up, Michael. You’re having an impact and have yourself created a place where Christians with different views can come together in love and support.

Thanks RJ, and sorry for the delay… distractions. Some really moving thoughts you bring to the table… very biblical, imagine that. 🙂

3. This is a super Blog,,I would love to invite you all over personally to my blog,,Its purpose is to honor God in all ways, The Blog belongs to the Holy Spirit I am just a ser-vant,,So if you ever have some time please stop by,,turn out the lights when you leave and the coffee machine! cheers MLB2914

4. bozoboy87 says:

Oh geeze, you moderate comments here?

5. bozoboy87 says:

Will somebody tell me whats going on? I don’t mean kinda. Tell me exactly what has happened. Thanks in advance. I might be of some help, you know.

6. ccragamuffin says:

“…where a reader can mix and mingle with a multitude of different viewpoints on the topic of faith, and walk away feeling accepted even in disagreement.” Oh, these words are bittersweet…precious to know that such a place existed….but so sad that it has passed. These places are few and far between. A safe place for the soul to bare itself, and for the mind to think by bouncing thoughts off of other souls…what a rare table of fellowship. I am grieved to hear that the doors will be locked and entry limited. It is interesting that the closest I have come to this scenario, is the forum of a “seeking” friend whose reader base is mostly Gnostics, and Atheists, and Pantheists. The exchanges are well thought out, sharpening the wits, engaging, and always polite.
    The shadow may have lengthened…but a small light dispels great darkness.

7. NEO says:

A sad day, my friend. I don’t know either when it will change to private. I do know why, and while I can’t speak of it either, it’s a sordid tale. I will post on it tomorrow but, it will be more of a remembrance than anything else.

One of the points I will make, as you have is that we, as Americans have ours written down, but increasingly, they are being limited as well. The Brits, from whence ours come, sold theirs about a hundred years ago to gain government largesse, and the final payment was selling their country to Europe. Be careful we don’t do something equally silly.

8. JessicaHof says:

Thank you MIke – a sad day. I am grateful to you for your support, and will continue reading your good work here xx Jess